NeuroMuscular Therapy (NMT) is comprehensive form of soft tissue treatment which assesses muscular imbalances and restores proper functional relationships to the neuromuscular system.
Functional Range Release® technique is a comprehensive system of soft tissue assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation that was designed using the most current scientific knowledge to ensure the highest quality care. FR® does not only function to treat injuries, it is also used to improve the quality of a persons movement, as well as to promote joint health and longevity.
Active Release Technique® (ART) is a patented, state of the art soft tissue system/movement based technique that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves.
I combine these forms of advanced soft tissue treatments to treat clients and patients who have myoskeletal misalignment, myofascial pain and dysfunction.
Bodybuilding is my first love and is what first introduced me to NMT, FR release and ART. When I started competing in bodybuilding, winning was my main objective. After many years of competing experience, that has changed. Now what bodybuilding is for me is not as much a competition between me and other competitors as it is a competition with myself; pushing myself to become the best bodybuilder that I can become. That is the state of where I am at in competing these days. I am not concerned with other competitors, just focused on maximizing my potential. After winning a couple of shows, I figured out that for me winning has not really changed much of anything in my life. The concept of winning motivates me daily, but in bodybuilding, much like anything else in life, it is not the destination but the journey that is fulfilling and rewarding.
Bodybuilding Contest History
- 2008 NPC Mike Francois Classic, Novice Class 1st Place
- 2009 NPC Pittsburgh Men’s Open, Super-Heavyweight 2nd Place
- 2009 NPC Julie Palmer Ultimate Bodybuilding Championships, Heavyweight 1st Place
- 2010 NPC Julie Palmer Ultimate Bodybuilding Championships, Super-Heavyweight 1st Place
- 2010 NPC Collegiate Nationals, Heavyweight 5th Place
- 2010 NPC Great Lakes Bodybuilding Championships, Super-Heavyweight 1st Place
- 2010 NPC Ohio State Bodybuilding Championships, Super-Heavyweight 1st Place
- 2011 NPC Collegiate Nationals, Heavyweight 2nd Place
- 2013 NPC Ohio State Bodybuilding Championships, Super-Heavyweight 1st Place
- Otterbein College: Exercise Science & Coaching
- American Institute of Alternative Medicine: Neuromuscular Therapy
- NeuroMuscular Therapist (NMT)
- Functional Range Release (FR® Release)
- Full Body Active Release Technique Practitioner (ART®
- Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist (FRCms)
- Nerve Entrapment Active Release Technique Practitioner
- Certified Complex Protocols Active Release Technique
- Certified Myoskeletal Alignment Therapist
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Fascial Movement Taping Level 1 & 2 Certified Rocktape Provider
- Certified Applied Functional Science (CAFS)
My experience as a competitive bodybuilder has enabled me to understand what it takes to be an athlete; from the physical demands of training and dealing with injuries, to the drive and will to achieve one’s maximize potential in their sport. As a multi modality therapist I have the experience of helping people resolve musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction to regain functionality back into their daily lives.
This background has enabled me to have a unique perspective as both the injured athlete/individual to the one designing and carrying out treatment plans. It is my objective to share my education and real life experiences with you to add value into you life.